25 June 2009

From the Mouth of a Babe

Jesse at 3 months


We went to The Glen yesterday and I took Jesse to the toilet. So the family toilet happened to be unlocked, for a change, and we gladly went in. Only to find the cleaning lady busy cleaning. So, the plan was, sorry for the graphics, that we both would go at the same time, which now could not happen. So Jesse did his thing, and I wanted to leave to go to the ladies. As I opened the door to leave, he turned around, and said "Bye" to the lady. At first she was quiet, and then it seemed to have struck her, that this boy took the time to greet her. She was overwhelmed. Well, I felt so convicted of not setting the example in this situation, and learned something very valuable; a lesson that I have always had on my heart, which is not to differentiate between rich and poor, black and white. I will make a point of greeting people, no matter who they are and what they do... a lesson learned from the mouth of a babe...

1 comments:

A Daft Scots Lass 26 June 2009 at 14:21  

I greet everyone. From the ladies at the checkout to the cleaning staff scooping up rubbish. It might just make their day. My kids do the same.

When we walk aroun The Glen, Kaylin calls anyone who's elderly Ouma. "HI Ouma". they are always pleased to talk to a toddler and she's quite willing to chat back.