06 July 2009

Homeschooling



Yesterday we went to a celebration of one of the church communities that we visit at times in Pretoria. At lunch I sat down next to a lady I have only seen, but never spoken to her before. I asked her what they do for a living. And amasingly she home schools her two daughters, ages 14 and 12. She took them out of school a year ago, and they are ALL loving it. She is using Love to Learn as a curriculum and could only say good things about it. This has been the curriculum that has been on my heart for our children, so it was so good to finally meet somebody using it. The standard is very high, the books are beautiful, and they cover so much more than the schools do. She told me what homeschooling has done for their family life, where they have always had a good family life, they now have such a different dynamic. They have discussions about what the girls had learned around dinner table, like discussing tornados! Her one daughter falls asleep every night with her Bible on her chest, and this all be her own doing... man that just brings tears to my eyes.


It has been amasing how God has been confirming this path for us as well, I think this must be about the 6th confirmation, and second one for Love to Learn. He is faithful when we ask Him to guide us.



This makes me excited... I will definitely attend the Homeschooler's Expo again this year in Jhb and maybe even join my friend in Cape Town for their expo when I am down there in September with the kids.



Tomorrow is my official off day... my dearest husband tries to give me off every once in a while, how kind of him... so I am off tomorrow and I am just going to enjoy myself, catch up with myself and have some silence around me... which I dearly need.



0 comments: