13 July 2009

My wife and baby and then of course The Boss




Diana from Tajikistan has been playing by us virtually daily. This has been the best thing since popsicles for my children. She is 6 years old, and Johan and Rina, our neighbours', foster child. Jesse calls her his wife, and so does he call his other friend, Dakota, as well... we will need to wait and see what will pan out in a few years' time. He calls Diana "Sweetie" when he wants her attention ( I don't actually know where he got that, as Mark and I am not sweetie people). Diana told Rina on Saturday morning, while looking in the mirror; "I don't want to grow old". After asking her for her reasons, she said; "Because then Jesse won't like me anymore!" And this all from the mouth of a 6 year old, I was in stitches...


They find all kinds of interesting things to play, like husband and wife, and Rachel is always the baby. They enjoy face painting, playing in the sand pit, and good know what else. I even found them in the vegetable patch once, trying to keep Anouck, the dog, out... chairs all lined up with a mattress and two pillows and busy digging in my veggie patch. Is this not 100% better than watching TV and DVD's?


Here are a few photos of my vegetables coming along slowly... but at least growing.


0 comments: